Well, here we are again back at the beginning of the Fool’s Journey (from the Tarot). Aries is the first sign of the Zodiac, and represents new beginnings and a new journey of discovery of the self. We learned a lot about ourselves over the last lunar year and we’ll hopefully learn even more this year. Are you ready? Put your best foot forward and let’s go.
Aries is all about you. Not in a selfish or narcissistic way, but in a self-discovery way. It’s about taking the lead in your own life, not being the best friend. It’s about being honest with yourself, finding your authentic self and being true to it. It’s about knowing who you are in the moment and being that person with courage and strength.
There is a boldness about Aries that I don’t see anywhere else. It’s that warrior spirit that brings shoots of Tulips and other spring flowers pushing through the earth to bring new life.
And this is what we are being guided to do – bring new life to our existence. The long hibernation is over and it’s time to get creative.
One of things I love to do in Aries is to look back over the last years’ journey to see how I’ve grown. This helps to give me my new starting point, my foundation for the new journey. I can see where I need to bring in strength and courage, in which areas the creative juices need to flow more and where my vision needs to expand.
Then, I’m ready to take action. I have a firm platform from which to take the next step. I can look at what I want to create, what I need to create it, and go for it.
So, how will you direct your warrior spirit this journey? What joyous secrets will you discover as you begin this wondrous journey into yourself? Will you find courage and strength you didn’t know you had? Will you awaken the creative genius within? Will you risk your comfort zone and push to new levels? I hope we both shall, you and me. So, keep me posted. I’d love to hear how it goes.
Pisces is a water sign and so we are asked to go within. With this water sign we are invited to connect to our imaginations, our intuition, our dreams. We are asked to take quiet time with our spiritual source. In order to do that, we need to stop, we need to relax and breathe. We need to make time, even ten minutes, to receive whatever we need to receive.
This Wednesday, March 6, is the last New Moon in this zodiac cycle. The next new Moon is in Aries, where we start to put new plans in motion, so New Moon is our last chance to create the fantasy that can become our reality.
Wednesdays’ New Moon seems to be getting assistance from other planets in this regard, so take advantage of the support you’ll be getting. I’ll be taking a moment at 11:05 to focus on my intent for this next cycle.
Trust and surrender are big words in the Piscean vocabulary. We can set intent until the cows come home, but if we resist, or don’t trust that we will receive what we need, we give the Universe mixed messages. It will think, “She wants this but she doesn’t want this! I’m confused. What do I do?”
We need the Universe to have no questions about what we want, about what our intent is. Ambiguous feelings, fears etc. cloud our intent and allow the Universe to feel “She’s not really ready for this”. I know I have done this. I’ve really wanted something, but there has been underlying fear because my life would change if I got it. I gave inconsistent messages, so I didn’t get what I wanted.
So, say there is anxiety around your intent. You want it but there is some fear around getting it. What can you do?
- Be sure it’s what you really want
- Imagine what you want really happening, fear and all
- Imagine pulling the fear out of your body and giving it to Source to be healed
- Imagine accepting your gift and moving forward with it with love and courage
So, join me at 11:05 this morning to set intent.
For those of you who are interested in mercury retrogrades, it started yesterday and goes until the 28th of the month. I’m already affected. My computer is acting up so I’m writing this on an old computer that I kept “just in case”. Even the Ipad refused to work. Oh, well. This plays into the Piscean message as for the first half of a Mercury Retrograde we are supposed to be reflective. But I have to tell you, Universe, I can reflect quite well and still have a computer that works.
Today is Full Moon in Virgo. This is a Super Full Moon, which means the moon is close to the earth. In fact, this moon is the closest to the earth of all the Full Moons this year. That makes it intense. Did you see the moon last night? It was large, but there was a compactness to it, a focus and a clarity. It was beautiful and felt powerful.
Full Moons usually mean closure – something is coming to an end, a project, a situation. It also shines a light on that which needs to come to an end, so, if you have projects that need to be completed, a desk that needs to cleaned off, a relationship that needs to be clarified, this is the time to do it.
Virgo is an Earth sign. Its grounding energy gives us a firm platform from which to take the next step. It invites us to see the details of our lives with no denial, to see what is working and what is not. This sign deals with organization, structure, determination and moving forward with patience – one step at a time. These are all grounded energies, and help us to feel safe. From what I have read, this month we have the opportunity to make great changes in our lives, great improvements, if we are organized, have routines in our lives that are beneficial to us and cultivate the patience to take one step at a time. We have an opportunity for success.
I’ve been invited over the last week or so to look at my own routines. Those of you who follow me on Facebook will know that I have started a 30 day challenge of self healing. For almost 6 months I did yoga every morning, then, I stopped. A couple of months later, here I am, with tight hips, stiff knees and feeling a definite loss of energy.
I was reminded how important that routine is to my well being. For the last week I have done my yoga practice every morning and posted on Facebook. It’s great accountability for me, and seems to have inspired a few other people to join me.
Bringing this routine back into my life has created space for new things by replacing fatigue, lack of joy and connection to self – things that were taking up space that were not beneficial.
So, look at your own life. Is there a belief or a routine that is not serving you? Is there something unfinished that is taking up mental and emotional space, as well as physical space? Take a look at what needs to go to create space for the new, for we have a wonderful opportunity right now to change our lives for the better.
Are you ready to take baby steps with patience and focus?
Chinese New Year is Tuesday the 5th of February. For those of you who follow your Chinese Horoscope, this is the Year of the Earth Pig. Here is a website that will give you information on the Year of the Pig, and how it affects your Chinese sign. This is an interesting site as it even gives you information regarding your blood type. For example, if you are an Ox in the Year of the Pig with type “O” Blood, it gives a description of your characteristics. I don’t know how accurate it is (without a full reading), but, it’s fun. You can check it out here: https://www.travelchinaguide.com/intro/social_customs/zodiac/Pig.htm
New Moon in Aquarius
Astrologically, we are in the sign of Aquarius, and New Moon is the same day as Chinese New Year. Aquarius is a sign of looking forward. Some signs invite us to look at what we are holding onto and needing to let go. Some keep us in the present, celebrating and relaxing, getting reading for the next stage, but Aquarius invites us to look into the future, to ask what is possible, and to see the larger picture.
This sign suggests that we take the emphasis off of ourselves and consider the larger worldview. In order to do this, we need to bring in a degree of detachment, to become the observer rather than the participant. Sometimes this takes practice, but it is a skill that is very worthwhile to cultivate. Consider that you have just had a tarot reading done (Aquarius rules tools of Divination, Tarot, I Ching, Numerology etc.), and the message or revelation is not one that you consider positive. It is not an “easy reading” where everything is coming up roses. The path may not be without obstacles.
Taking the personal view, we might go into despair or fear; taking a “higher” view, we may see that the lessons included in those obstacles are exactly what we need to learn in order to get to where we want to go.
Taking a worldview, I have always believed that when I overcome an obstacle, I have made the path easier for the next person who reaches that obstacle. I have created a window that is now available to others. When we are able to do this, take the higher path, we are able to remove the emotional response to the event and look at it clearly and objectively. This makes it easier to manifest our dreams and goals -we don’t have to fight ourselves in the process.
Because Aquarius rules Divination, I decided to hold a Divination Night, where we come together and have some fun doing readings for ourselves and others. Bring your favourite deck of cards, the Runes etc. and we’ll explore and laugh and seek some clarity. I will bring my decks as well. Cost is $15 at the door or e transfer before the event. Location Inner Arts Collective, 257 Danforth Ave. from 7 to 9pm.
- Full Moon is Sunday (today)/ Monday, and it is no ordinary Full Moon. It is a Super (close to the Earth) Blood (red in colour) Full Moon Lunar Eclipse in Leo. It is visible here in North America – barring clouds, of course. Wow!If you want to view the Eclipse, it begins at 9:30 pm EST and goes until 3:48 am Monday morning, with totality at 12:41. I’m really keeping my fingers crossed for clear skies.I’ve done a lot of reading around this Full Moon, and a lot of listening to people. What I’m hearing jives very closely to what my sense is.Some of what I’ve read has been dire predictions about this being a difficult Full Moon Eclipse. That’s not the feeling I’m getting. Yes, we may be asked to
We might have to polish up our self-confidence until it is a beacon in the dark. But, we’re up for that, right? And that is not what I got out of all my research.This is my sense of this Leo Eclipse:
- stand in our power and take a leadership role
- find some courage and act on it
- actually follow through on ideas and responsibilities
This is what I’ve been hearing people saying: “I’m not having any fun” and “I’ve lost my creative spark”. So let’s get going. Hopefully, finding one will bring forth the other.It was this time last year I realized I wasn’t having as much fun as I wanted to, so I started a meetup group. Not everyone’s idea of adding fun to life, but for me, it was perfect. It gives me another way of connecting and sharing, which brings me joy.As for creativity, I’m hoping to get back to knitting and needlework, making crystal bracelets etc., amongst other things.If you want to increase your creative opportunities, while connecting with others, my friend Gail of Pink Portfolio has started a Crafters Circle that will be meeting in different locations around the city. Bring your knitting, sketching, writing, whatever you want to do, and join in. You can find out more at https://www.meetup.com/The-Pink-Portfolio/So,
- We need to have more fun
- We need to dust off our creativity and get those juices flowing
Ponder it, but not too seriously…..We are moving into a year that is asking us to “fine-tune” ourselves, to grow, to keep getting lighter. That’s not always easy, and not always comfortable. Fun and creativity help to create a balance to the more intense work we may faced with. It’s a survival mechanism, a safety valve to let off some steam, to keep things in perspective. This Full Moon we have the support of the Universe to start creating a life that is balanced, joyful and has spark.I’d love to hear your thoughts and ideas. Please share.
- What are you doing for fun/creativity?
- How can you bring more fun/creativity into your life?
- How can you fit fun/creativity into your busy schedule?
- I was pulled out of the house this morning around 7 am by an unseen hand to view Venus in all of its brilliant glory. It was well worth looking up. The sky was clear and Venus was shining brightly in the south east. A beautiful start to a beautiful day.The morning had a very quiet essence and I could feel the magic in the air. This is New Moon in Capricorn, the sign of the ram. It’s the first New Moon of the year, and it’s also a partial Solar Eclipse, the first of five this year. Interestingly enough, three of those are in Capricorn.From what I have read and what I have sensed, this is a year to get out of your comfort zone and go after whatever is in your heart. Capricorn is an earth sign, so it brings in a grounded energy that is perfect for putting things in motion. It’s very difficult to manifest if you are not grounded.Capricorn, at its base level, is a materialistic sign. It’s about money, status and how high up the mountain your goat can climb. This year, though, we are being asked to move to the higher values of Capricorn, ensuring that what we create is heart-centred and is in the highest and best good for all concerned. We are asked to connect with Guidance as we work to help us to remain in alignment. Bring in the wisdom of the crone, the elder, as you move forward.I was really eager to get a head start with all this new creative energy coming in. I started working with it, acknowledging it in November. I had all these plans for December – what I was going to set up and prepare for the New Year. The Universe, however, had other ideas. I slept most of December away. I took naps and still slept 10 to 12 hours a night.I realized that I had some healing to do, some limitations to release, before I could move forward with my intentions. In sleep, the body, mind, spirit are able to heal. That way you are not able to interfere in the process. That works for the unconscious, as well. That’s why Learning Path Integrated Technique works so well. If you have some limitations to let go of, or some healing to do before you can move forward, call me and lets talk. Learning Path will help.So, this is a month to put n the work and reap the rewards.
This year is an unheard of opportunity to create the life you long for. Take advantage. Let me know if I can help. Happy manifesting,
- Focus on what you want and love and the path to get there
- Help others in the process
- Be flexible and ready to change if necessary
- Set a routine that you follow- it’s grounding and keeps you focused
- Honour the body so it will honour you
- Check in with Guidance
Tomorrow, Friday the 13th (an auspicious day) is the New Moon in Cancer. It is also a Solar Eclipse. And let’s not forget those planets in retrograde. Such fun! Honestly, you have to look at it that way, or it might be too much.
The energy is saying slow down, take it easy, don’t sweat it, chill out. It’s time to let all that stress go, let all that fear go.
So, our job is to let it go. Take some time to think about what needs to go in your life. Is it physical – do you need to clean closets etc.? Is it emotional – do you need to let go of some fear, some need to control? Is it Mental – do you need to clear out and transform self talk or limiting beliefs? There is always something that needs to go so we can move forward.
This Eclipse is apparently about endings and beginnings. We have to let go of what no longer serves us to make space for the new. Sometimes we need someone to pry our fingers open and help us to move out of our comfort zone. Sometimes we need to tell the ego to take a nap.
So, New Moon is in Cancer, as is the Eclipse. Cancer is a water sign, so it deals with the emotions. It’s also about home and family, so maybe what you need to let go of is a toxic relationship, or the need to do it all yourself (I’ve been that martyr – it’s very lonely). Maybe you need to nurture yourself instead of everyone else. Maybe you need to stop worrying about money, and just let it come. Maybe you need to stop being so sensitive about what other people think of you, and be true to yourself. The list is endless, but you get my gist, right?
So, take that introspective time and set the intent to let go. If you don’t, I have a feeling that the Lunar Eclipse at Full Moon will do it for you. Believe me, you don’t want that.
I’ve been doing some reading about what is coming up energetically over the summer. It’s going to be interesting. Between July and August, seven out of eight planets will go retrograde. Only Venus stays direct. So, what does that mean for us? It could mean a couple of things. It could be intense. We might feel like pulling in, being reflective. We may need to sleep more. We might be edgy, out of sorts. However it affects you, go with the flow as much as you are able. Retrogrades give us an opportunity to step back, to re-view, to re-think.
In July there are also two eclipses, lunar and solar at the full moon and new moon, and eclipses bring change. Take the opportunity for reflection that retrogrades provide and be ready for the change.
This Wednesday, June 13, is the New Moon in Gemini. Gemini is the sign leading up to summer, as it ends at the Summer Solstice, June 21st. Gemini is an air sign (mental body) ruled by Mercury. Gemini is the sign of the twins, a sign of opposites. Here’s the story.
The story goes that there were two brothers, twins, called Castor and Pollux. Castor was the mortal twin and Pollux was immortal. They loved each other a great deal. There was a family feud, involving a woman, of course, and Castor was fatally wounded. Zeus, the father figure, gave Pollux, the survivor, a choice. He could spend all of his days as immortal, playing with the gods on Mount Olympus, or he could give half of his immortality to his dead twin. He opted to share, and so the twins together spent one day as immortal at Olympus, and one day as mortal in Hades, the Underworld.
Hopefully, the story gives you a perspective on Gemini. People born under this sign are generally very social, loving to meet new people. They are energetic, movers, quick witted and curious. They may seem to always be on the go. They are never boring, flitting from here to there trying to experience everything life has to offer. They are communicators, through speech, through writing and through art.
However, there is the other side to Gemini, the side that needs time alone to regroup, recharge. The side that allows time needed for these things to take place. In my view, herein lies the lesson that Gemini offers us.
We are all expert at the moving, communicating (don’t we carry our phones everywhere?) and constantly being with people. What we don’t necessarily do is take quiet time, time to reflect, to recharge, to allow room for inspiration to enter. We need time to be with ourselves, just ourselves.
A few weeks ago I started to incorporate behaviours that I had neglected for a while. I started doing yoga at least four times a week on my own at home, and I started sitting on the porch in the evening for ten minutes, half an hour, whatever time I have. I sit and listen to the wind, watch the trees, the birds, just sit and be. I highly recommend both of these activities. I’ve been more energetic, more inspired and more balanced since I started doing this. I’ve been honouring both sides of Gemini, and it has been paying off. How can you honour Gemini in your life?
So, remember to set your intent for Wednesday. You may need to get out more, you may need more time for yourself. Whatever you decide to set for yourself, do it in joy.
- This is New Moon in Aries. Depending on where you live it is either today (Sunday), or tomorrow, a time of new beginnings.New Moon is a time to withdraw from the hustle and bustle and reflect on our lives. What do we want to shift? What do we want to attract? It is a time to focus and to set intent.This New Moon is in Aries. It is the beginning of a new cycle. In a sense it is the New Year – astrologically it is the New Year. Aries is the first constellation in our cycle of twelve, the first sign of the zodiac. So, at this time, the intent we set is really affecting the rest of the cycle.The Universe seems to be saying “take this time and reflect well”. The weather faery here in Toronto and in many other places has brought sleet, rain, freezing rain and snow, the perfect formula to keep us quiet, indoors and able to reflect.Aries is about new beginnings. It’s a fire sign, so it helps us to ignite our imaginations and lights a fire under us so that we have the impetus to move, to set new ideas into motion.Before you do that, though, it is wise to understand where you are aiming, where you want to arrive at the end of the journey. So, take a moment or two and ask yourself these epic questions:
When I did this, I realized that one of my beliefs is that healing does not have to be painful. It can be fun and an adventure. That’s how I prefer to look at it. It’s exciting to learn more about myself through my personal healing.I also believe that there are some simple healing steps that help almost everything – diet, exercise, changing the way we think and releasing emotional baggage.
- Who am I truly? What do I believe in? What are my values?
Personally, I love to see the shift in my clients. The eyes become clearer, the skin tones change after a session. It is beautiful to see.I also believe passionately that everyone should have some tools that they can use for self care. I love teaching these, from formal classes in Reiki and LPIT to giving tips like imagining the colour of the water in the shower changing to whatever colour feeds your soul that day. Magical.
- What am I passionate about?
I am pretty much living my dream. I would only ask that more of the people that need what I have to offer be able to find me.
- What do I want my life to look like?
I am meeting more people, being more visible, so that I am more of a beacon for those who resonate with what I do. And I’ll take all the help offered. If you know of someone who could use my services and you trust what I do, then I would love the referrals.What will you discover about yourself? What will you new year look like?Surrender to the weather and the feeling of quiet and do some soul searching. Make sure this new cycle gets off on the right foot – or the left…..And enjoy.
- How can I use my passion and values to create the life I want this year?
Do you feel as though you have to slow down, sleep more? Is it harder to get things done? The New Moon in Scorpio is today, November 18. Scorpio is a water sign, and as such, it deals with emotions. It’s an intense sign that can take you into the depths. So, sometimes we need to slow down and reflect.
In November, the skies are often dark and a bit gloomy. It’s damp and rainy outside, giving us the desire to hunker down, take naps, move more slowly. Although I love this time of year, sometimes I feel as though the gloom is being reflected at me. This is a great time to practice self care, to nurture ourselves and treat ourselves well.
It’s an invitation to be reflective, to take time to see ourselves from different angles. We can see where we are out of control. When we slow down, or maybe even stop for awhile, things that we have shoved down can rise to the surface to be healed.
A lot of us have the habit of holding onto that which no longer serves us. This is an excellent time to take a look and see what is there. Everything from clothes, nik naks, books may need to go to create space for the new.
We have the opportunity to recognize and gently release belief systems, fears, and anger that we stubbornly cling to, as well.
It might be helpful to create a ceremony for releasing. Perhaps, light a candle and release what needs to go into the flame. Or, envision a bubbling stream flowing through you – into all the nooks and crannies of your being, gently prying out what needs to go, dissolving it and releasing it as pure energy ready to be re-used.
Bless what leaves for whatever gifts it gave you – lessons, wisdom, and growth.
Use the Jupiter in Scorpio energy to make this fun. Letting go doesn’t have to be painful. Take some time to feel into what would help you to let go of limitations. Pull out some crystals, a bowl of salt water, do some visualizing. Let me know what works for you. I’d love to share what works.